Top 10 tips when buying a massage table
- Read the buyers guide article!
- Based on the massage table you trained on or after using a friends massage table, decide the width and length of the table you want. Also choose between flat and backlift massage tables but this should be an easy choice based on the therapies you practice.
- Decide whether you need a lightweight massage table now or if you may need it in the future.
- Spend as much as you can and stay away from cheap massage tables. They won't last long and they will give a bad impression to your clients who at the end of the day are coming to you for a bit of comfort and luxury. A happy customer will come back for more but an unhappy customer will go off and tell a thousand friends of his/her bad experience.
- Ring around the online suppliers and tell them your situation and see what they recommend for you. Try to shop with retailers who have therapists working there as you know you will get good advice!
- Once you've decided on a massage table, ask if they can throw in any extras. It's always worth a try!!
- Protect your massage table with a carry case and some couch covers.
- Keep it clean as body sweat etc can deteriorate the upholstery in the long term.
- Just as you send your car in for service, service your table regularly by ensuring all the nuts and bolts etc are tight.
- Get some treatment on the massage table every now and again so that you can experience what your clients are experiencing. If there is a problem, get it fixed. Re-upholstering a massage table shouldn't cost more than £30 if it's lost its density.
If you have another tip, please let us know using the your opinions & reviews link above.
This website and its content is copyright of www.portable-massage-tables.co.uk - © Maria Griffin 2010. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
• you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
you may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal
use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the